We’re treated for elections this year. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, many elections that were meant to take place in 2020 have been postponed for a year.
This election period will be interesting for a number of reasons:
- How voters will respond in England to the Conservative government’s handling of the pandemic.
- How voters will respond in Wales & Scotland to the devolved governments’ handling of the pandemic.
- How voters will respond to Sir Keir Starmer’s first year of leadership of the Labour Party.
- Whether Reform UK (used to be called the Brexit Party) will be a strong cause for electoral and parliamentary reform.
- If voters in Scotland trust Nicola Sturgeon and Alex Salmond’s new Alba Party.
6 May 2021
- Hartlepool by-election: Mike Hill, the sitting MP, resigned in March 2021, triggering a by-election.
- Scottish Parliament: all 129 seats for Holyrood are up for election.
- Welsh Parliament: the 60 seats of the Senedd are up for election.
- London Assembly: the 25 seats in the London Assembly.
- Local council elections
- Metropolitan mayors (including London, Manchester and Liverpool).
- Police and Crime Commissioner
13 May 2021
- Airdrie & Shotts by-election: the sitting MP Neil Grey resigned in March 2021 to run for the Scottish Parliament, triggering a by-election.
Below is the data from the most recent elections in the areas that are up for election. Click on the images to enlarge them.